A little trust, For my beard <3
Alexander Summers
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 04:52 PM
Havok
22 AGE
535 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

Some things still were not fully comprehensible to Alex, no matter how long he had been trying to fit in. War, battles, how to put people in line, pain, these are things he could understand without even having to try. This situation was none of those things, and the blonde found himself ever so slightly uncomfortable. He was more at home surrounded by dangerous people who could kill him, which is perhaps the only reason he was currently willing to wait. He felt an itch inside himself to move, wanting to check the surroundings once more for which exit might be the best if something went wrong. No, no he had to turn his mind off, had to remind himself he was a civilian here. Civilian clothes, even a hoody as if he was pretending he was cold in the current climate. The lack of anything like gloves might give it away a little, but the blonde never worried about pretending to much. He’d put it down to being masculine if people questioned it.

Even reminding himself this, however, trust was a hard thing to come across. He struggled with people not on his team, he struggled with people around him, even idiots like the person behind the bar; which is why Alex kept his hand on his beer bottle, not allowing it a moment away from his skin. He couldn’t feel the cold of it, and he was sure his own hands were heating the damn thing up accidentally… but it didn’t matter either way to him. It might even be flat by now and he wouldn’t really notice, because beer wasn’t actually his drink of choice. It was unpleasant, but expected of him, much like everything else he was expected to do as a man, as an agent, as the son of one of the most powerful men in the current world. Well, maybe not that last one, not everyone knew about that last one.

Hers mattered though, didn’t it. Still with it’s cap on, away from his hand it sat in front of the seat next to him, simply waiting. It had started because of a mission, it had started to keep an eye on something else - to pretend he was just another grunt and she could spy on him too… but it had turned into something more. A social experiment that had turned into one of the only friendships Alex could hold without fear, something he found himself able to even trust a little. He took another swig of the bottle, hearing someone approach him from behind, his entire body on edge. The footsteps hit the floor the same, the way she walked was catalogued in his brain so well by now he knew her by that alone - which is why he didn’t turn around this time. Alex only acknowledged her by a slight turning of his head when she sat down, allowing himself to smile. “You’re late.” Which to him meant she was exactly on time, but the blonde was always in the places he needed to be overly early.

“Starting to consider drinking your beer.” He turned to her now, a proper smile seeing her. It felt comfortable to smile at her, which was entirely strange to think too much into. She might be an enemy still, but maybe that was half the appeal. What was a friend who you couldn’t have a fight with?
PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 01:43 PM
talon
20 AGE
238 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Normally Laura didn't mind a good chase. Hunting, tracking, she was good at those things - enjoyed those things - but today it only annoyed her. Of course he had to run on the one day she actually had plans. Friendships weren't really something that Laura had in any sort of abundance. They usually just kind of happened by sheer accident and then she had to try and figure out how to manage to keep them despite her sometimes odd nature. Marko had more or less forced his friendship and care on her and now, several years later, she was grateful for the bull-headed man. Alex was an entirely different story.

By all accounts they shouldn't have been friends, they still shouldn't be really, but neither of them really cared about that. She was supposed to be spying on him, uncovering what he did or didn't know about an enemy and then one day the forced conversation actually turned into something a little deeper and they went out for drinks after they'd both run out of things to do for the day. Not in a romantic way, neither of them were even remotely interested in the other like that, but in their own weird way it had become one of her most genuine friendships. Trust was still... hard for Laura to give, but Alex had won as much as anyone so far.

So by the time Laura had chased down her target and taken them down and cleaned up, it was still with that mild annoyance that she looked at the time and made it to the bar they met for drinks in. She'd once suggested going somewhere a little less of a dive, but they were both creatures of habit she supposed. "You're late." He greeted her. Laura was always late with Alex. Even with being punctual he was always the first one anywhere. "I had an appointment that ran over." She offered by means of explanation even if it was only a veiled truth.

She raised a dark brow at his threat even though a hint of a smile touched her bright blue eyes. "Liar." He didn't even like beer and had barely touched his own. Popping the top off her bottle, Laura took a long draw before setting it back on the coaster.

PM EMAIL
^
Alexander Summers
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 01:22 PM
Havok
22 AGE
535 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

She was only telling half the truth. There was still that tiny bit of his head that screamed at him about that, but the blonde had learned to ignore that over time. Neither of them were completely honest with each other, and at some point, Alex had accepted that. Both of them were different people from their jobs, both of them had started to try and get the upper hand, but… well, if people looked too deep into their friendship they would be so confused by now. Friendship was a very odd thing indeed. “Your appointments seem to do that a lot.” He was teasing her, of course, the smile evident on his face as he half turned on his stool to get a better look at her. “Careful or I’ll think you don’t care about me.” He placed a hand on his heart, and really, anyone who looked over at them might consider it flirting, but they both were aware it was only the kind friends did. How Laura understood without actually being told he’d never know.

Maybe she was just like him? But neither of them wanted to say anything. It might be too open in their friendship to admit something which could make either of them seem too vulnerable. “Yeah but, you are lucky I didn’t want to drink just to get drunk.” He’d been having a day of it, after all, and sometimes, just sometimes, he wished he could be normal. Losing his senses to alcohol even if it was just for five minutes, to be able to let his guard down might have been entirely too freeing. But they weren’t like everyone else, were they? And Alex was sure he could burn off alcohol faster than most with the way his damn mutation worked. So, no point in finding out anytime soon. “I struggle to imagine if you’d put up with a drunk me though.” If this was a normal friendship, if this was a place they could both be just, drunk idiots, would Laura get him a taxi? Or was she the type to put him propped up somewhere and take photos for blackmail purposes? Interesting thought. He’d watched his team do similar things to each other.

“So.” He let her settle, if only for a second, watching her drink. “You having a shitty day like me, what with things overrunning?” He took another swig, trying not to make a face at the taste of the beer… But Laura already knew him well enough, and he had let his guard down ever so slightly. So, the wrinkling of his nose and his unpleasant expression was allowed. Though, he did still keep his thumb over the bottle neck, not wanting anything to be slipped inside when he wasn’t looking. “My meetings were done surprisingly fast… but I suppose that’s what you get when you’ve pissed off your father.” Which didn’t make him vulnerable, weirdly. He had Sinister had a strange relationship, and when the man was being a father figure… well, he apparently did it well enough to make Alex feel awkward as hell. Having a bit of a huff on the way out had felt very son like indeed, so here he was… trying to be social.
PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 09:02 AM
talon
20 AGE
238 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

It was ingrained in her by now, she thought, that half-truths might be all she could manage. Growing up in that facility, trained to kill, turning to mercenary work because it was easy and familiar... there were not a lot of opportunities in her life for real honesty. Maybe she was broken, in one of now dozens of ways, to always hoarde details like treasure even when she wanted to share them. "I would choose your company over theirs." Laura assured him, a hint of a smile on her lips at his teasing. At his feigned anguish, Laura leaned into him and gave his shoulder a playful nudge with her own. "Unfortunately I need to make money to pay for these terrible beers you always order."

So many secrets and unspoken details between them and they had no idea just how similar they were in some aspects. Laura wasn't 'like him', not... entirely. She wasn't entirely sure what she was, just that she knew where her comforts tended to lie if she had to choose. Perhaps if they ever met outside of a bar, somewhere where they both weren't keeping a piece of their attention on the room around them at all times.

Laura took a draw of her beer and just gave him a shrug. "I think I have put up with worse. My couch is at least comfortable enough to sleep on." She struggled to imagine a drunk Alex, especially considering he'd never even seemed like the alcohol touched him. Not that he commonly ever got past the one bottle he cradled all evening. Then again, Laura herself could hardly get to a point of intoxication. With enough effort she could at least feel the pleasant tingling of alcohol in her skin, but her body healed and purged the substance from her blood too fast to ever, truly, get drunk. If Alex ever was though, it was the most likely scenario she'd just haul him back to her place and let him sleep it off on her couch.

"So."

The raven haired woman peered over at him again as opposed from the spot on the wall she'd been focused on. "Mmm...just long. These kind of days make me wonder if I need a different profession." There was an exhausted sigh in her voice. Mercenary work was... familiar. She was good at it. It was starting to drain on her though. There was no challenge anymore, no satisfaction outside the payment at the end of the day and even that meant very little to her. She kept her attention on him when he started to speak of his day. "...are you okay?" There was concern in her voice as she asked softly, never trying to push him too far but wondering if he actually was looking to talk.

PM EMAIL
^
Alexander Summers
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 02:10 PM
Havok
22 AGE
535 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

She was good company, and it bothered him in some part of his brain. Maybe he’d give up eventually in worrying, but not now. Terrible beer? Was his choice really that bad? Alex looked at his bottle and then back at Laura, actually giving her this one. “You get here first you get first choice.” He teased back, but really, he’d adapt. “If you can come up with a cheaper, better alternative… well, I’ll drink it.” He downed the rest of his terrible one, making a face but still getting rid of the thing in less time. He wasn’t about to get drunk, never did, but it really looked like he was having a harder time than he wanted to admit. There were moments he truly considered what it would be like to have a normal night out with someone he didn’t have to keep an eye on… He stopped himself from sighing, smiling instead as he put the bottle down, pushing it away from his body. “I’m going to take you up on that couch offer one day.” It wouldn’t be tonight though. If Alex went to her home, he’d inevitably look around, his instincts would make him look into things. He might discover things he didn’t want to know.

She might be as good at hiding as he was, he might never find anything. But he’d be distinctly pissed at himself for working when he was meant to be being friends. Fuck friends were hard when you didn’t know everything about someone. “I’ll say now I can be kinda heavy if I go bad.” He jokingly warned, smiling to her and imagining it. She’d never have to carry him, he hoped.

Ignoring the bar person taking away his empty bottle, Alex ran his fingers either side of his shirt, allowing the nervous tick to come to light as they spoke ever so slightly about something true. “Hey if you’re ever looking for a job, I’m sure there’s some going where I am.” If it was just for paperwork or… something else… well, who was the blonde to say? Laura was dangerous, there was no escaping that, but how good was she? Good at hiding, yes. Maybe that was enough. “It would be nice to have a familiar face.” That wasn’t a lie, mostly because Alex could see himself actually being able to talk to her then. Able to listen to her full truth about the world and anger about every situation. Then again, would it all be too emotional? “I… I’m fine.” Yes, he was. Sinister was just doing what he normally did and trying to push for some sort of reaction, but this time it was working. Alex barely bit back anymore, it was just easier to understand the elder knew better. But a fucking social life? Really? He had been trained to work alone and rely on himself and his father figure. Internally, the battle continued, but the blonde smiled, looking forwards.

“Family is just weird. Not used to being reminded work isn’t the only important thing.” Because it was. It had been for so damn long and now he was given all this freedom he barely knew what to do with it. Yes, Laura was a great person to spend time with, but this was one day in a million, and they couldn’t even tell each other everything. “Makes me wish I could just get out my head and do something stupid, you know? Climb a statue, run through a fountain… all that shit I missed as a kid.”
PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 08:34 PM
talon
20 AGE
238 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

It seemed like a simple enough statement. She could pick the drinks if she arrived first. They both knew though that in the history of their time doing this that Laura had never been the first to show up. The couple times she'd thought she had, she'd just ended up finding Alex in the corner already waiting for her. "Better, yes. Cheaper, no." She quirked a smile following suit after a little bit and downing the rest of her beer. It wasn't good enough to sip and savor anyways.

Laura was a private enough person that she wouldn't have made the offer, even jokingly, unless she'd meant it. Trust was complicated, but she trusted the blonde next to her enough that she'd let him stay with her if needed. "Then I can't be held responsible for bruises from dragging you around." Laura was stronger than her wiry frame hinted at, but not superhumanly so. She could carry him for the most part but he'd likely wake up with more than a couple aches and pains come morning.

When the bartender came to take away their bottles, Laura ordered another set of drinks and slid some cash to the bartender. She needed something a little better and she had a suspicion Alex might prefer this to the bitter, cheap beer they'd been drinking.

The job offer from him was surprising and nearly tempting save the fact she wasn't entirely sure what his job was. She wasn't used to really working with people, which could be an issue. She had to agree with him though. The idea of having a friendly face around at a job wasn't an unwelcome one. "I'll keep it in mind. Maybe next week you can tell me more." She offered, wanting at least a little time to contemplate even the idea of leaving behind this line of work.

The bartender came back, putting a different kind of beer in front of Laura and a bottle of hard cider in front of Alex. His statement about family was almost funny to her, since the only person in her life reminding her that work wasn't the only important thing right now, was Alex. She sipped her beer and looked at him curiously. "Is that what normal children do?" She could hardly have been said to have had even a mediocre childhood despite how much her mother had tried to give her something before she died.

The raven haired woman hummed a little in thought. "You could do something stupid now, though, couldn't you? To 'get out of your head'?" It, at least, didn't seem to be something impossible to do as an adult. "I don't... really understand the logic, but we could run through the fountain at the plaza a couple blocks down if that is what you want." She offered, not actually sure he would want to leave the bar and take her up on it.

PM EMAIL
^
Alexander Summers
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 12:26 PM
Havok
22 AGE
535 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

As a man who didn’t actually enjoy drinking - the paranoia that came with it, the fact he could not get drunk easily and well… the taste wasn’t exactly brilliant when you were chugging beer like a ‘manly’ guy - the idea of spending more money on it was unappealing. Not that he was lacking in cash, not these days, he would just rather pretend he had no money. He would rather be a man who seemed to live an okay life, using what he had until it died a very ruined death and was forced to buy another. “I will suspend disbelief.” He mused, smiling at her as she down her beer, feeling the need to copy her. Gods it was awful, but this is what they did. When the next arrived, Alex, a man who dealt with change very easily at work, held it with a great deal of suspicion. “I’m sure I’ll forgive you if I have someone warm and safe not to die in.” His voice seemed only slightly distracted as he read the ingredients of his new drink, pretending it was hard to multitask (though he didn’t know why, Laura knew him better than most people without actually knowing anything). “I’ll likely believe I deserved them if I’m that wasted.” Or he’d just not feel them, considering.

Trying new things… he was meant to be doing that. It’s what Essex had told him to do, to challenge himself… so he supposed a little baby step with a new drink was something. Taking the first sip was pleasantly surprising. It wasn’t great, mostly because anything room temperature was never as satisfying, but it wasn’t gross. Sweet things just always took him a little by surprise though, looking relatively unoffended by it. “It’s better than the beer, I’ll give you that.” He smiled at her, awkwardly turning to face her better (to look what she was drinking, because he was curious). “I’ll answer whatever questions you have a well as I can offer.” Which most people took to mean they might not know much - but Laura was clever. She’d know it was meant to mean because it was a damn secret.

With a shrug and another swig of his drink, he shook his head. “Wish I knew.” The blonde laughed in a soft way, almost bitterly. Alex held his thumb over the top of his drink, feeling the way the gas wanted to escape, almost surprised by Laura. “What? Now?” Was this woman, this wonderful, strange woman suggesting that they did something idiotic in this very moment? … Alex might have hesitated internally, but there was nothing on the outside that showed he was. He looked like he was contemplating her suggestions rationally. “Isn’t it a bit cold outside?” He assumed, more of a ‘I’m up for it if you are’ moment than actually using it as an excuse - as it would never bother him anyway. “Or are you hoping to get me wet so you can actually take me back to yours?” Flirting with her was safe, and he easily did it because Laura was not a threat in that regards. He didn’t know why, but it felt more of a friendship than anything else, mostly because she’d never tried anything.
PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 09:28 AM
talon
20 AGE
238 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Laura quirked a small smile. "I'm sure you will have deserved them." She joked lightly, not really sure what he could do that would earn some intentional abuse from her. She knew there was more to Alex than he ever showed to her but as a human being he wasn't very threatening to her. Nothing that would make her have to lash out at him at least. Not to mention the fact that the scenario they were painting likely would never happen. In the time they'd been drinking together she'd hardly seen him get even a little tipsy. Laura was wondering if he even could. It wouldn't be the first mutant she'd met that couldn't get drunk. Hell, it took a lot and a constant stream of it just to get her there.

As he scrutinized his new drink and gave it a tentative taste, she was glad to hear that it was an improvement. It gave her a better idea what kind of drink he would greatly prefer but from what she'd noticed of her friend she wasn't sure this would be the place to put a very bright and traditionally girly drink in front of him. Maybe if he ever agreed to meet somewhere else for drinks. Somewhere where he didn't seem so set on proving something to anyone who might glance at them.

His surprise was not unexpected - honestly she was surprised at herself that she'd mentioned it - but it did kind of amuse the raven haired woman. ""If you would like to. She stated simply, listening to his concerns. "The cold doesn't bother me much." She got cold, but she'd long learned to be able to ignore her body's weaknesses when she needed to. She could ignore the cold and given enough time her body would recover back to normal.

Letting out a puff of air in reaction to his casual flirting, Laura quirked a brow at him. "You've uncovered my master plan." She quipped back, almost a deadpan tone to her words. Taking a long drink of her beer, she let the offer still hang there between them. She would go if that was what he wanted, but she was content for right now to see what he said.

PM EMAIL
^
Alexander Summers
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 07:28 PM
Havok
22 AGE
535 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

The cold didn’t bother he much either? There was a slight suspicion in his gaze, but there was a friendliness behind it, a teasing sort of kindness. It made him tap his fingers against the glass bottle carefully, making sure not to hit hard enough to cause his mutation to kill anything… but enough to make a nice, pleasing sound. “You just saying that to make me feel better about dragging you out there?” It wasn’t that she was being selfless, he supposed, but he just hadn’t expected it. Maybe this was what people did. Encouraged stupid things, supported you when you weren’t sure. If this was normal, no wonder so many people got in damn trouble and ended up getting hurt. “I guess we could always grab a coat.” Alex had one, with him because it made him look vastly more normal as he sat there, but he hadn’t planned on wearing it.

The quirked bow really said more than her tone did. Laura and he had a strange connected, and it showed how they both felt comfortable flirting and knew it was never going to go anywhere. It was hard to stop the smile coming to his face, even if he had to hide it behind his bottle. Drinking whatever he had left, he slid the bottle back onto the bar, watching Laura for any signs she would turn him down if he did decide to do something stupid. Weirdly, he trusted her to go along with whatever he chose. Not because she had to, like some of his team, but because she wanted to. “Alright… your master plan’s worked.” Pushing his stool away from the bar, the blonde stood to his full height, as if proud that he’d decided to do something so against his training. There was a sense of thrill inside himself, as if thinking he was going against everything his team stood for, everything his father had taught him. He was on his own time, of course, but that didn’t matter. “We’ll go buy some beers, run through a damn fountain and then crash at yours. Or mine. Whichever is closer.” And the idea of Laura coming into his home was not as scary as it had once been. There wasn’t anything there to give away who he was, but also, would it matter if there was?

He slung his coat over his shoulder, still not intent on wearing it, a smirk across his face as he looked down at Laura. How on earth hadn’t they managed to do this before? Was he going to regret this later? Most likely. “If I end up dead in a ditch, you can explain it to my father later. You’ll have to take my place or something.” Which was… kind of a joke? Alex assumed if she somehow managed to kill him then she was his natural replacement, he’d trust her to put everyone else in their place. Just thinking about it put a tiny amount of spring in his step, looking behind him as he left the bar to make sure that Laura was following him. “Keep up.” The fountain wasn’t far, and for once in his life, Alex didn’t feel the need to look around, to see who was watching. Laura would have his back, even if he didn’t know if she could fight (well, he did know, she was a fighter, he could tell, even if he had never seen it), she was… just a comforting presence. “Is it weird that I’m actually excited to run through some stupid fountain?” He knew the answer to that already. It was just so unusual for Alex to do something so out of character, feeling his mutation start to flare up - he didn’t let it, of course, not yet… but thought about how he could at least heat the fountain a little if he pushed Laura in.

Fuck, was he going to push her in? Yeah, actually, he wanted to. So the blocks they walked were easy to navigate, and the people were easier to avoid. The fountain, in this sort of weather, was mostly avoided - which made him smirk to himself. “Whoever gets in it last has to buy beers?” The blonde was acting like a dumb kid, a dumb kid who could run fast, and he headed towards the fountain at some pace.
PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 02:17 PM
talon
20 AGE
238 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

"No, I'm not." Laura smirked a bit. Acclimating her body to extreme temperatures had been something that Kimura had been very insistent on from a young age. Being able to adapt and ignoring the demands of her body. Laura's mind and instincts were supposed to be the only things that controlled her. She might get hypothermic or sneeze the rest of the night because of this but she would heal, as she always did. "You can offer me your coat if that makes you feel better." Laura wasn't sure if she would accept it... but she might.

The flirting between them was something Laura had never really done with anyone simply because she chose to. She had flirted with men and women in various situations as a mercenary to get close to them and kill them or to extract information or objects. It wasn't really her, though. More a persona she adopted. Travis had been one of the only people she'd flirted with simply because she enjoyed it, and now Alex thought she couldn't explain why they'd started the charade, only that they both understood it was harmless. "They often do." Laura smiled, watching him stand up and move off the bar.

"I suspect I am to leave out that you were killed somehow by running through a fountain?" Then again, Laura often thought the only acceptable way to die is that of a warriors death. Not that she would ever experience such a thing. Laura was not always a great liar or spinner of stories, but for Alex she would have woven some action packed story if needed.

Following his quick pace, but just slightly behind and keeping her senses open to their surroundings, Laura just shrugged at the question. "Maybe. Is that not the point of this though? To do something 'weird'?" He had wanted to do something entirely foreign to his usual behavior so in that context, 'weird' would perhaps be the best way to describe all this. Strangely, Laura was a little excited too.

"Deal." She grinned, taking off after him. Laura possibly could have overtaken him despite his long stride, but for once in her life she was content to give a little less than her maximum effort so that Alex could win. She jumped into the fountain only a couple seconds after Alex had, making sure to make a big splash in the process so it would hit him.

PM EMAIL
^
Alexander Summers
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 05:31 PM
Havok
22 AGE
535 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

Rolling his eyes as they hit the fresh air, he couldn’t help but scoff. “If I offered you my coat you might start thinking I was a gentleman.” Which he was only when he needed to be, and right now, with Laura, he didn’t need to put on that pretend. Sure, he could hold the door open for her, but that had been inbuilt into him. The cold air didn’t bother him at all, but his insides were doing something very weird. The closer they got to the fountain the more he felt it, trying his hardest to keep his mutation from flaring up. It was just difficult, to keep himself in check but also just to let go. Fuck. “I would prefer that actually.” He wrinkled his nose, thinking of what the headlines might say if he had been found like that. “Could you make something a more interesting up? Or make it look like I died heroically?” Not that anyone might believe that last bit - but Alex might have had it in him, somewhere, to do something good if the time called for it.

He had begun to run even before the word ‘dead’ was said, and the laugh he left behind barely sounded like him. Even though there was something telling him Laura could have made it faster, if she had bothered, Alex pushed it from his mind as he got into the water. The sensation of his jeans already sticking to him made his insides churn, but it was easy to feel the overwhelming sense of delight instead. This wasn’t something he did, this just wasn’t the Alex everyone else had to deal with, and the sense of freedom it was giving him might have scared him when he eventually looked back on this moment. “Come o-” The last sound the came from his mouth was cut off as he turned to watch the woman jump into the fountain after him. Mostly because the splash that followed caught him in the face and he couldn’t block it from getting in his mouth and eyes. “Fuck me.” Though the word weren’t the softest, it was clear not only from the laugh but his expression that the blonde truly didn’t mind. “Thanks for joining me.”

Deep down Alex knew that this could turn into something more stupid than he might let on - but he could trust Laura. So he put his arms out either side of himself and fell backwards, landing on his ass into the water. He slid both his hands along the bottom of the fountain, allowing just a flicker of his mutation to come out. Sure, the water wouldn’t be warm exactly… but it would make sure neither of them froze to death at this point. He couldn’t personally feel the change, but his goosebumps weren’t as bad, which said something? “Hey Laura?” The blonde’s voice was smaller, like he was going to have something heartfelt to say… and apparently he chickened out of it at the last moment. Reaching out with his leg, which was luckily in the water, he hooked his ankle around Laura’s leg to pulled. A low blow, sure, but Alex was going to try and take every shot he could when it came to Laura. She was good, he could tell just by the way she moved, but how good… well, time to find out.

Because just to make sure he got her back for the splast, the blonde pushed an arm through the water, catching it up enough to direct it towards his friend with a smirk.
PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 02:19 PM
talon
20 AGE
238 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

just a little trust
tag: @Virus | best friends forever

Smirking, Laura looked over at him. "Should I find a kitten for you to have rescued from a tree?" She teased slightly. If it came down to it, Laura was sure she could stage something to make him look like a warrior who went out in the heat of battle. It wouldn't be the first scene she'd staged if she was being honest, though it would be the first done for a more noble reason than what she'd gotten paid for. All those people that would hire her to take someone out rarely wanted it known that it had been done by a professional. Staging muggings, suicides, car accidents, other accidents, marital disputes, and even murder suicides.... they had all been on her list of skills. Not that she was overly proud of that facet of her job.

Running with him, she knew she was letting him win and that there was a small chance that he might even figure it out, but she didn't really care and wasn't sure he would either. This whole experience was for him, after all, and from what she'd gathered from years of observing normal humans and their social situations, this was something that made sense to do. Sacrifice her pride for the feelings of those she cared for. It was an.... odd and uncomfortable feeling.

The raven haired woman couldn't hold back the laugh as she jumped in and the splah caught him right in the face. "You're my friend. This is what friends do." Well she was pretty sure it was. Alex was really one of her only true friends so she was more or less winging this whole relationship as they went.

When he spoke up again, Laura turned her head to look at him curiously, expecting him to say something. After a moment of silence, she felt the pressue of his ankle on hers just in time to shift her weight and avoid getting kicked down on her ass into the fountain. Not that it wasn't close, Laura noted as she wobbled a bit on her feet to regain her balance as Laura caught a face full of water when he splashed her. "Jerk." She chuckled, taking advantage of how he'd moved his legs to try and get her and hooked her foot under his calves and kicked his legs straight up out of the water. If he wasn't prepared it was pretty likely he'd end up falling backwards and getting dunked into the fountain and she was okay with that. It was by far the tamest response her mind had come up with as she filtered through all the more instinctual scenarios.

Going to sit on the edge of the fountain, her legs stretched out in front of her, Laura looked at him with a curious look. "Do you wonder what your life might be like if you were allowed a normal childhood?" She had, for herself, many times. What if her mother had been allowed to live? What if her mother had run away and gone into hiding when she became pregnant? Or given Laura up to a normal family in secret? So many possibilities in which Laura might have grown up like any other mutant and yet she was stuck to wonder if she would have been happier with a life of boring monotony.

PM EMAIL
^
Alexander Summers
 Posted: May 11 2018, 02:19 PM
Havok
22 AGE
535 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

A kitten? It wasn’t hard to give the woman next to him a look, a look that spoke more than any insults he wanted to throw her way this time. He wanted a damn kid rescued from a fire or something - but he best not say that out loud… Laura seemed the type to give as much care about children’s lives as he did. It wasn’t a bad thing, just meant sometimes you forgot most people didn’t have your humour. It was why he was also sure she let him win, which seemed odd. People like them tried to win no matter who it hurt, so maybe their friendship really was something ordinary for them both. Fighty, but ordinary. “Asshat~” He smirked, calling back seeing her hit with the water. Entirely worth it just for the way her hair looked soaked now. And really, by this point he had stupidly let his guard down, falling backwards into the water with a rather heavy splash.

He might have once been pissed he let himself get hit with such a stupid thing, but with a mouth full of water he floated where he was and became a little fountain himself. Only for a few seconds though, because his mouth wasn’t that big. Foolish, entirely, but did he care? No. There were no cameras here to watch him act in such a way, and who was Laura going to tell?

He sat then, the water up to his chest awkwardly but… eh, it wasn’t as if he was planning on getting any dryer anytime soon. She could sit on the edge, but why bother when the water was warm/no temperature to him? “I try not to…” Which was… too honest. Maybe it was the feeling of water starting to make his clothes stick to hm that was making him uncomfortable though, and not the topic of conversation. Alex had never sat well with anything clinging to his skin, now was no exception when he was sure he should have felt the cold trying to set in. “The thing about thinking about something you can’t have is that, it’s never going to change, and it feels like a waste of time.” He looked up, into the dark sky that no doubt would probably have stars if the city wasn’t so damn light polluted. Sometimes he wondered if he could ask Sir if they could do something about that, but apparently eco warriors were not priority number one right now. “I’d likely be with some woman I have no interest in to make my foster parents happy. Working a job I hated even more to put some shitty deposit on an apartment I thought would be what was expected from me and… yeah, maybe I’d have a few more friends but likelihood is I would cheat on the girl I was with and wish I were dead.” So maybe he had spent a little time thinking about it.

Wasted time. Time he could have spent actually making more of himself when he had first been fighting against Sinister’s hold. He had forced himself to think of a happier life but it had never worked. All paths in his mind lead back to the same miserable life. He would be an ordinary guy hiding too many secrets, maybe he might have blown himself up a million times over. “I know not having a normal childhood made me… different... but I’ve got you.” Alex’s blue eyes looked over to Laura in a show of fondness some might mistake for love. Perhaps it was love, in a sense, but not the kind most saw between a man and a woman. She just understood, and he knew she would, so smiled awkwardly, shaking his head moments later to laugh at himself. “What about you? You think you’d be better off?” Changing the awkward subject from himself as best he could while still half floating in water.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams